Friday, February 28, 2014

4. HATE crime against women in the USPTO

My SPE (supervisor) Paul Rodriguez notified me on Aug, 10, 2011 that I was going to be terminated and my last day will be on Aug. 12, 2011. I asked Mr. Rodriguez why, he said I had low performance, I said my performance was at 93%, he then said it was from management. Others had given a 2 weeks notice, I was terminated in a hurry. As soon I got back to my office, I sat down and still tried to finish a patent case. That’s how sudden this news was, how entrench I was in my patent examining job, and how crazy my working condition was. I hadn’t seen daylight for months after I started this job. I only had time to visit my family once in NYC. I requested for vacation to move my belongings from NYC, but only approved for one day.

Mr. Rodriguez had been setting me up to be terminated from the get-go by imposed stringent requirements on me but not of my peers, also deliberately put difficult and complex COPA cases in my docket to ensure I couldn't meet the requirements, then confined me to use only USPTO search tool that searches the patent database only
, while required 2-5 more references other then those cited on the rejection; amount many other such underhanded tactics deployed to ensure I couldn't meet the stringent requirements and would be terminated.  I met every stringent requirements and then some, also an airtight first case that was known to many SPEs and the then Undersecretary and Director of USPTO Mr. David Kappos. I may be the first woman to have an airtight first case. I was also one of the most qualified candidates with extensive industry experience in the Patent class 703 field, also a Master's in EE, as an adjunct and an Applied Physics researcher with published paper.

Mona Chu met every stringent requirements, “The first pay period you fail to meet this requirement will likely be your last pay period.” that stated by Ms. Garber in her affidavit for the June, 2nd, 2011 of the 6th month evaluation meeting with Mr. Rodriguez, which Ms. Chu did meet 3 cases-per-bi-week on the first pay period -June7 and again the following pay period June 22, according to Mr. Rodriguez’s Affidavit. Mr. Rodriguez and Kieu Vu (email 6/3/2011-6/7/2011) already putted COPA cases in Ms. Chu's docket soon after the meeting.  There is no production requirement for probationary employees as stated in both Paul Rodriguez and Ms. Garber's affidavits. Ms. Chu had to work nearly 24/7 to meet the 2 consecutive 3 COPA cases-per-bi-week right after the 6th month evaluation, 93% Productivity and a total of 19 cases including COPA cases soon after the 8th month evaluation. Ms. Chu also had an airtight first case that is known to many SPE and Mr. David Kappo – Director of the Agency/Patent and Trademark Office. In addition to Ms. Chu's qualifications: a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering(ROI page 000025), was pursuing a PhD while at the same time pursuing a second Master’s in Computer Science, as an adjunct in college and a researcher in Applied Physics with published paper (ROI page 000028, http://www.opticsinfobase.org/ao/abstract.cfm?uri=ao-32-21-3944). Ms. Chu aspired to be a scientist/Professor/researcher in college, to change the world and make the world a better place to live. Most Ms. Chu's co-workers would've been Ms. Chu's student had Ms. Chu's research funding wasn't cut.

Furthermore, Ms. Chu has extensive industry experiences and outstanding accomplishments in the same field as the patent class 703 – Simulation, Emulation and Modeling (see my resume (chu production 1.pdf page 29-30)) 
http://www.deepchip.com/items/0343-06.html where Ms. Chu led multimillion dollar project. Ms. Chu had a history of outstanding accomplishments in a male dominated Engineering field and academia which Ms. Chu had to work nearly 24/7 to achieve such result. Yet, Mona Chu is terminated as the resulted of discriminations toward her as a Chinese and female when Mr. Rodrigues realized Ms. Chu was perfectly capable of doing 3 COPA cases per biweek without any help and under extreme condition put on by Mr. Rodrigues and Ms. Garber.

Had my research funding wasn't cut, most of my coworkers and management would've been my student. But because the Science and Technology field doesn't promote women to position of management, and my coworkers where 90+% were from Asia don't like women in management position, also I was often the only woman in the whole engineering department (hence "no one liked her; no one wanted her"; etc). Therefore, most of my coworkers who could've been my students were forced to compete with their professor.

Dwin Criag initiated my termination process after he heard the defamation of Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill and I will be married soon announced by Susanne Lo and her friends from India.  Dwin Craig had certain resentments toward Asian women, and he might not like the likes of Susanne Lo and Michele Choi. Additionally, my office-mate Hung Havan and Nathan Hillery also misled people into thinking I am just like Susanne Lo and Michele Choi. Dwin Craig also held a grudge against Bill, so when he heard Susanne Lo in the Party said Bill and I were going to be married soon, he started the process of terminated me.

Weeks before my termination and around the time an AU2123 Examiner (the only Asian and an Engineering Professor THANGAVELU KANDASAMY(?)) gave a party on becoming a Primary; where Susanne Lo’s friends-from-India were invited, along with Dwin Craig, Paul Rodrigues and Jason Procter, as well me which Mr. Rodriguez insisted I must attended as I often avoided being seen as a way to stay low key, and not being targeted for sexual harassements. Also the day AU 2123 got our laptop (an i7 CPU!! Finally something decent to work with. We were still using Pentium 4 in 2010, believe it or not!!), and Jason Procter came to pick up his new laptop.  I believed this is when Susanne Lo’s friends-from-India learned Dwin Craig and Paul Rodrigues were my Primary and SPE and defamed me with them to incite them to terminate me, which Dwin and Paul already prone to do so as explained before. (Aside from asking Paul and Dwin what Susanne Lo and friends-from-India said about me in this party, also ask Jason Procter and others in the party.) Days after this party, Hung Havan suddenly asked me how long will I last here, meaning when I will be terminated. I said depends on the kind of people we have here; if there are more good people then bad people, I will last; otherwise I won’t last. He knew then I was in the process of being terminated. Hung Havan also said romantic relationship is prohibited in the office, I said “yeah, most companies have this policy”. Days before the party, I overheard Hung Havan told Susanne Lo that Bill (in charge of COPA, also Susanne Lo's boyfriend) and I were going to be married when Susanne Lo inquired about house purchasing with Hung, which was strange to me as I knew Susanne Lo was Bill’s girlfriend, and I told Hung Havan I already have a boyfriend; so I didn’t think much of it, surely nobody is going to believe something as asinine as this, or at least do some fact checking, unless nefarious individuals use this as an excuse to terminate me. But this is just one example of Hung Havan’s defamation of me, the result of deep-seated hatred toward women outperform him.

This party may sealed the faint of my termination as I left early to work on my patent cases as I had to meet 3 cases per bi-week quota. A few hours later, I brought Michele Choi to the party room to pick up leftover food where we ran into Dwin Craig, he looked mad when he saw me and Michele Choi. I knew he and Michele Choi had some sort of dispute. Dwin may think I am a friend of Michele Choi, and believed the continuous character assassination of me by Nathan Hillery, Michele Choi, Hung Havan and Susanne Lo’s friends-from-India, as well many others as the result of the vilification of me; also held a grudge again Bill (in charge of COPA) who Nathan’s coterie misled people into believing Bill and I had some sort of relationship, whom I spoken to only a few times; in addition to Dwin’s bigotry/discrimination toward Chinese women, finally set in the process of terminated me with the help of Nathan, via the top level woman management, with the consensus of the TC2100 management as the result of misled information mostly from Nathan Hillery, Hung Havan and Michele Choi (all with questionable character and psychologically unstable). Finalized after spoken to Hung and believed his defamation of me. Again, I worked nearly 24/7 that resulted in 93% Productivity, hardly leave my office nor did I have the time to talk to anyone.

Dwin Craig looked mad and screamed at me in front of Michele Choi. Which Michele Choi may have reported Dwin Craig to an authority, and he initiated the process of terminating me out of retaliation thinking it was I who reported him.

One wondered why management (mainly TC2100) took part in terminated me keep misleading the fact that I was terminated due to “no one liked her; no one wanted her; etc” while I didn't know anyone and worked 24/7 as evidenced by my computer log time and my accomplishments; but true for many such as Michele Choi who was at the verge of termination all the time. They were not fired with the helps of
 Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill. Or “will be married soon with Bill” (I am an asexual) when Bill and Susanne Lo been dating for years and was known to many. We also see them together all the time and went home together all the time when I was there. They were talking about marriage which we could hear all the way down from our office, often with Nathan Hillery with them; sounds like a rocky relationship. Additionally, Susanne Lo's boyfriend was telling Hung Havan he was going to see his girlfriend's parents for the long weekend to talk about marriage. This was the long weekend before the Summer of 2011. I have only spoken to Bill a few times and still don't know his last name. Susanne Lo was not fired.

These management, mostly SPEs from GUI (patent class 715), heard from Michele Choi went around saying “if Mona could do 3 cases per biweek,  GUI must be easy, I wanted to transfer into GUI too”. When the GUI group heard this, one said “the jig is up”. The GUI group been enjoying as the top performer, they don't want this to change, so by pushing to fired me with low performance even though it was well known that I was already doing 3 cases per biweek and were COPA cases, in addition to an airtight first case; by fired me with low performance would certainly dispute that "GUI must be easy" as well ensure the continuation of bonuses. (It should be noted that the whole "examining time of ~28.5 hrs/case" in the Electrical Arts needs a complete overhaul such not being a sweatshop, as well management need to understand what it takes to do the job)

To terminate me, they had to have an excuse as I am not in their GUI group, which they conveniently use the defamation of “no one wanted her; no one liked her; etc” that's been instigated by Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen the first month on the job. Additionally, the GUI SPEs convinced other management Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill and I were involved in a romantic relationship (again, I am an asexual), with the helps of Bill's close associate Nathan Hillery – a Union Rep, my officemate Hung Havan, Susanne Lo, Dwin Craig my Primary who held a grudge against Bill for a reason I don't know, and Michele Choi who Dwin thought was my friend. Where Hung Havan also told them I am just like Michele Choi, who has been hated everywhere.

Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill may have
 contributed to such belief to cover their affair to protect Susanne Lo from his enemy, as well to make her jealous such she would marry him
.  Do you think he or anyone would admit this?  Such tactic of using me to make his girlfriend jealous also had used by other male coworkers in the past to gain an upper hand in their relationship and agreement of marriage.  A girlfriend and later a wife of a coworker even told me she wanted to punch me, while wobbled in her 8 months pregnant body.  His protégé started the defamation that spread to the whole tech company. Other males were interested in the stereotype of Asian women, which I am completely the opposite of. I tried to avoid these male coworkers. I was working nearly 24/7 in the USPTO evidenced by my computer log time.  

Meanwhile, Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill's close associates Hung Havan, Nathan Hillery and Michele Choi, as well his girlfriend Susanne Lo and her friends from India had used this to get me fired. They called Bill their frenemy or a tool. Bill had helped all these people and their friends from being terminated, as well advanced their careers and get a better office in the USPTO; he had never helped me in any way or form, nor had he said anything nice about me.  He never revealed the fact that he was dating Susanne Lo while continue to mislead others as well degrading me.  I am terminated with all my accomplishments which I worked 24/7 to achieve, while others worked overtime to set me up for termination. I have only spoken to Bill a few times (I am an asexual) and usually just the greetings as he often ignored me. 

We saw Susanne Lo and Bill together all the time and went home together all the time. They often stop by Hung Havan and my office to talk to Hung on their way home, as our office near the elevator. They were talking about marriage, which we could hear all the way down from our office, often with Nathan Hillery with them; sounded like a rocky relationship.  Additionally, Susanne Lo's boyfriend was telling Hung Havan he was going to see his girlfriend's parents for the long weekend to talk about marriage. This was the long weekend before the Summer of 2011. It is well known Susanne Lo and Bill been dating for a long time and was talking about marriage, which Bill divorced his 2nd wife before I even joined the USPTO.  I worked 24/7 as evidenced by my computer log time and accomplishments. 

If this Bill continues to defame me, it only means he and Susanne Lo are married as Susanne Lo was in the process of purchasing a house with her boyfriend Bill while I was being terminated, and still misleading people into thinking I am Susanne Lo to protect her, also to further the ruined of my life, ensured
 I won't be hired anywhere, and incited rape as well the slit of my throat that was meant to kill me.  The defamation of "she checks men out" instigated by Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen from Asia, re-forced by Michelle Choi and Hung Havan by set me up using their smartphone to incite sexual harassment, abuses, termination, physical harm, rape and the slit of my throat that carried out by a Hispanic/Latino male from South America who will get a death sentence if I am dead, further re-enforced by Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill who also denigrated me with "she's too old for me, etc"
 (the guy is like 60+, really??!).....is now spread to the Bikes shop where people are acting out what they heard as well re-enforced the defamation, next is sexual harassment, abuses, termination, rape and physical harm/death.  

It is just unbelievable how vicious he and his close associates are.  If he doesn't stop help promulgate the defamation by his close associates Hung Havan, Michele Choi, Nathan Hillery, Susanne Lo and her friends-from-India, I will sue him for defamation; or mention me in any way of form.  I had not seen Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill since my termination August 10, 2011. Moreover, I will call the police if any of these people get near me.

Consider what Susanne Lo's boyfriend Bill been saying about me, it is not something you would say about someone you care, it is certainly not someone you are about to be married. He never said anything similar about Susanne Lo whom he's been dating for a long time. This is just commonsense unless a person is mentally challenged, which USPTO management's pay grade is well above the mentally challenged level. Therefore, USPTO management using "involved in a romantic relationship", or "they will be married soon" is just a pretext to terminate me. Furthermore, since I am not a gold-digger nor do I need a greencard as some of the defamations been promulgating, why would I be interested in him? (And yes, I worked in an institution full of racist/sexist/bigot from the 1950s, as well from 3rd world Asia. No wonder I was terminated with such outstanding accomplishments while worked 24/7). I ran multimillion dollars bleeding-edge tech projects, and was making a 100+K salary in the late 1990s, probably more then most of USPTO employees in 2011.  I had made and lost a million dollars during the Tech Bubble yet phlegmatic about the lost, how many people can do this?  Gold-digger??  Don't flatter yourself.  The main reasons I ended up in the USPTO was mainly due to sexism and racism in the Silicon Valley/Tech/STEM.  And now the USPTO, part of the STEM, wrongfully terminated me out of racism and sexism, just like the Silicon Valley/Tech/STEM.

How did Michele Choi know I had done 3 cases per biweek? No one knew this except me, and I certainly didn't say anything and was still staying low key as I knew what Asians would do to a woman who could do a job better than the males, as they did to me when I was in the Silicon Valley where I had to abscond from due to physical harm threats by an Asian coworker and an Asian gang. Hung Havan had been checking my progress, he knew my information as he and his cabal Nathan Hillery had shown me how to access my Production Performance around June 2011 when Wendy Gerber and Paul Rodrigues had our first meeting. I asked Nathan Hillery(a Union Rep) what was the performance norm for probationary employees at their 6th month evaluation? Hung Havan also start defaming me after learning I was doing 3 cases per week in June, 2011.

Michele Choi also went around saying inflammatory things about what I said to my SPE she read from my Office Action, which sounds as if I was intransigent/argumentative when it was just a disagreement. I am not the only one she had said inflammatory things about, her Training academy classmates had been avoiding her as well.

Evidence Michele Choi and Hung Havan set me up to incite sexual harassment, abuses, termination, rape, and now the slit of my throat that almost killed me such this EEOC case would go away.

Both Hung Havan and Michele Choi, amount many from Asia knew I hated being sexually harassed and deemed those who did as lowlife, as well I would reported them to the EEO. So to enforce the notion of I checked out Hung Havan as a way to further the sexual harassment and abuses toward me by lowlifes which I would report to the EEOC, he tried to set me up such I come across as if I was checking him up. For example, he would show me clips of his son on is smartphone placed on the desktop while he stood on the other end of the edge of the desk, someone such as his partner in crime Michele Choi would use her smartphone and recorded from afar as if I was checking Hung when he talked to me and I looked up, for the unsuspected simpleton eyes. They tried this at least 3X to finally got it right. I only realized what they did hours later. Hung Havan and Michele Choi’s intention was to have every single lowlife to sexually harass and abuse me, a woman who is outperformed them, to finally get me terminated and raped. 

That video should be use as evidenced that led to my slit throat.

It is a man's fantasy that a woman would check him out; but in real life, women DO NOT check men out unless you are Michelangelo's David or the Chippendale dancers, and Hung Havan is far from fit at ~5ft and ~200lbs, a fat Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings". Also, there is such thing as the internet that is full of everything under the sun. Still mind boggling as to what people would believe!!!!! "The emperor's clothes" keep surfacing. Not to mention males had ruined everything that took my whole life to build to let me know this is still a man's world.


The slit of my throat happened on June 1, 2013, days before my Appeal deadline. I was in the hospital for days. Luckily, a friend helped me out and sent my Appeal in on time. If I die, this EEOC case would go away. I was specifically targeted. I didn't know anyone in the DC metro, some of the people had shown such viciousness toward me are people from the Patent and Trademark Office such as Hung Havan, Nathan Hillery, Michele Choi, Susanne Lo and her friends from India, Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen. Yet these people are still working, while I worked nearly 24/7, met every stringent requirements and then some, yet I am terminated and can't secured a job due to the defamation been done to me by these people, while continually under the threat of rape and slit throat to kill me.

Why did the Patent and Trademark Office terminated people like me who worked 24/7 and just wanted to do a good job and able, while they tried to solve the problem of backlog?

Weeks before my termination, Hung Havan (ex-officemate, he and Nathan Hillery knew I was going to be terminated) suddenly out of nowhere said "when I met with Wendy Gerber for termination, I begged and cried for her to give me another chance. So if you are going to be terminated, begged her and she will give you another chance". I was thinking I met all stringent requirements and then some, if they fired me, it would to keep Asian women down, begging is not going to help me, nor would I beg for a job when I fully qualified and excel in. This is why I call the Patent and Trademark Office a sweatshop worst then FoxConn.  What kind of place is this Patent and Trademark Office full of sadomasochists?? Are we in some kind of labor camp? Now I heard "she is too proud to beg, so she was terminated". Yet talking heads continue to demand for more H1Bs because H1Bs are going to beg for their jobs, and be an indentured servant. Is this why the science and technology field demanded more H1Bs, they basically wanted indentured servants? No wonder the USTPO is a cesspool rivals the Post Office that coined the term "going postal".

The Senators went to China to thumb their finger at China's nose when they heard about FoxConn, USPTO is worst then FoxConn and is under their nose, yet no one did anything.

If management said the reason for my termination is "we thought she is a skank" to denigrate me further, which is akin to rubbing salt on an open wound; while terminated me and rigged the EEOC ruling against me were not enough for them; all these shown hatreds toward me. No where did I gave any impression of tawdry while worked 24/7, but of a Professorional. Additionally, the likes of Hung Havan, Nathan Hillery, Michele Choi, Susanne Lo and her friends from India, Tuan Nguyen and his countrymen still gainfully employed after all they've done and were mostly at the verge of termination most of the time. They are still employed for diversity purpose and will never amount to anything; while I worked 24/7 with accomplishments few had achieve and was terminated in a hasted. And so the real reasons behind my termination were hatreds and discriminations toward me as a way to keep top producer woman and Asians down, everything they said were just a pretext. I can't believe how much discriminations I had experienced not just by Caucasians, but especially Asians (male and female, young and old, particularly by recent immigrants) in Alexandria and Arlington, VA since I moved here, and I don't go out that often since my termination for fear of physical harm. But now with the slit of my throat, they really wanted me dead.

And finally, if I am white or male, I wouldn't have been fired without any consideration. Management knew that there's no ramification for their wrong doing to an Asian woman. The whole system is rigged against minorities as evidenced by the ruling of the EEOC AJ Nancy Graham of New Orleans against me with overwhelming evidenced to support my case. Also, the "stand your ground killings", where murders such as George Zimmerman and Michael Dunn got away with murder just because the victims were 2 African-American kids.



Anything the USPTO said to justify their termination of me such as Ms. Chu is a Martian from Mars is just a pretext to justify they wrongfully terminated me. They may even say something as cockamamie as "Ms. Chu supported the Ocuppy-Wall-Street (OWS) movement".  OWS was in concert with the FDIC and the Treasury to regulate Wall Street. The 2008 Global Financial Systemic Meltdown was mostly due to the dismantle of Glass-Steagall in favor of the Laissez-faire Economics, analogous to letting the likes of Gordon Gekko to run amok. If the USPTO found I supported the OWS, they also knew I posted solutions to 2008 Meltdown in real time, before the solutions were implemented.

USPTO may even say something such as "we thought she might be Edward Snowden" as it is now feared in every government agency today. The USPTO management terminated me in 2011, Snowden NSA leaked in 2013; and I worked nearly 24/7 as evidenced by my computer log time and my accomplishments which included an airtight first case that was known to many Supervisors and the then Undersecretary and Director of the USPTO-Mr. David Kappo. This wrongful termination was to keep top Asian women producer down.

I would NOT be surprised some management terminated me because I was a huge Obama supporter, a Democrat and a Black President
. The USPTO had my online profile where I supported the Obama Administration in various ways.  I NEVER talked about politics in the office as a policy.